Adding Tracking Tags
Tracking Tags allow you to track sales from external referring websites, as well as your promotional and marketing campaigns. Once you have created a tracking tag, you can append it to the end of any event URL (ex. http://tickets.brightstarevents.com/event/123456/tag/festival_ad). As customers visit that link and purchase tickets, you will be able to monitor successful sales from each tracking tag.
Click Add Tag in the Promote section to get started.
- Tag. Enter the tag you wish to create. The tag needs to be appropriate for a URL, i.e. it cannot have any special characters or spaces. For example, if you wanted to track all customers who visit the event page via a certain ad for your festival, you could enter festival_ad. Then, you would link to your page from that ad with the following link: http://tickets.brightstarevents.com/event/[your event ID]/tag/festival_ad
- Description. Enter a description for the tag. This is used for your internal purposes only, in order to help you identify what the tag is used for (ex. a certain promoter, your Facebook Page, etc.).
- User. (Optional.) Connect the tag to an additional user on your account.
- Click Save Tag to complete the setup process.
- The new Tracking Tag will now appear on the list of tags with the following options:
- Click Edit to edit each tag's settings (tag, description, user)
- Click Delete to delete a tag from your account
- Click Get Link to get directions on how to use the tag to track sales
- Click Details to see a sale by sale report on each tag
- Dynamic Tags. The tagging system allows you to bypass the setup process by adding /tag/[your tag here] to the end of your event URL. That tag will automatically be created and added to your tags menu once a sale is processed with that tag.
Did you find this article helpful?